Monday, July 29, 2013

Barefoot and Pregnant...and still running!

I created this blog after searching the web for other stories detailing the journeys of other pregnant barefoot runners.  Guess what?  They are few and far between!  So after receiving encouragement from my fellow barefooters as well as support from my husband, I decided that I will blog my journey in hopes that someone else may benefit from my experiences one day.  I plan to blog throughout this pregnancy and on to motherhood as I make that transition as well.

First of all, I have a few "shout-outs" to make to my wonderful friends and coaches who have been supporting me and helping me along this journey.  The first is the leader of our group...Doug.  Here is a detailed journal of his experiences as well as invaluable information for anyone interested in getting started on their barefoot journey:  https://www.facebook.com/DaytonBarefootRunner

Next is Trissa, who has slowed her pace on our Saturday morning runs so that I have someone to run with and troubleshoot any problems that have risen so far during this pregnancy.  She is the one who encouraged me to create this blog so she deserves some recognition!

I also wanted to provide a link to Dr. Nat's blog.  Dr. Nat is a family physician in Australia who has provided a very detailed account of running barefoot while pregnant.  She offers more than just running advice as she takes part in a multifaceted workout routine.  As a physician, she also offers invaluable advice and resources for anyone considering this lifestyle:  http://doctornat.wordpress.com/

Welcome to my blog and I hope that you find what you are looking for when it comes to running barefoot and pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment